Thursday 25 February 2010

I want to change the world...

Sitting here in the gloom with only the glare from my computer screen which somehow magically appears to pulsate over me in waves...

I patiently wait for inspiration to overwhelm my senses, at the same time I wonder if that particular feat is at all possible, especially if one feels as melancholy as I. Knowing my feelings were all tangled up with so much emotion is all I need to help encourage me to reach out to touch the people on the other side of my screen... I can feel them, the trouble is I can't see them... knowing they are there makes me want to continue but where to start....I realise in an instant my writing will help me, especially if I want to reach out and touch someone else. In touching you I heal. My healing is definitely a journey to be logged and that journey continues sporadically throughout different periods in my life... And yep, here I am going through yet another stage! Above all else I want to be an ordinary person who would change the world, or at least be instrumental in helping to change it... I’ve always believed the world to be a beautiful place and until the end of time and with this inner certainty I know... I will have loved living in and sharing the life that I breathe.

I know with my own belief, anything is possible. Numerous times this has been proven again and again. I believe any choice I make, good or bad... I have witnessed the consequences of those choices and I also see the impact they have, not just on me but on those around. I’m mindful of my actions. I would like to think, on producing thoughts I also take into account the bigger picture, not just for myself but for any one else who may be involved.

I think one’s mission in life has simply got to be... to motivate, to strengthen and importantly to inspire... From experience this is sometimes hard because to be inspired or even inspiring, often means the possibility of producing something yourself personally. Every now and then though, we just don’t have the confidence to go ahead or even attempt the something we would really like to do. Getting the balance right is important not just for you but for everyone.

Life is for living and if like me you’ve the determination then please join me in continuing to strive forwards with the hope you’ll make a difference and help change the world... You know there’s many ways to make a difference... It’s the little things that mean a lot.

There’s so much we can do.... Observe our surroundings, is there an elderly neighbour that needs a few bits from the shop or a hot meal because their not feeling good... If you know someone is experiencing a hard time then give them a surprise or drop off some groceries... If someone you know is sad, lost or even lonely, take them out, treat them to a meal and listen to them... Buy someone flowers and make their day.... The list is endless. The people around you need your time. It doesn’t have to cost anything... make someone’s day by smiling... you’ll never know the silent impact you may make on anyone but the recipient will warmly feel it. Your actions will undoubtedly make them feel wonderful... These things that I've suggested are not things I've plucked from the sky, these are things I have done and will continue to do....

This is one of my favourite sayings..... Remember, it’s not what you say or even what u do that people will remember, it’s how you make them feel...

Wings gently folding as I close my eyes. Night night, sweet dreams my friend :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment